ENOTSUP vs EOPNOTSUPP

Please explain the following change:

    1999-01-22  Ulrich Drepper  <drepper@cygnus.com>

	    * sysdeps/gnu/errlist.awk: Mark ENOTSUP as alias for EOPNOTSUPP.

I do not think it is correct.  Moreover, such a change should never be made
without discussion, because it affects multiple platforms, and affects the
universal glibc API.

I added ENOTSUP because it is a 1003.1-specified error and we did not have
it before.  I considered for some time making it and EOPNOTSUPP two names
for the same thing.  1003.1 does not specify EOPNOTSUPP, so it says nothing
on the subject.  I do not have the draft for the 1003.1[a-z] sockets spec,
so I don't know what it says.

I did look at the Unix98 spec, which specifies both ENOTSUP and EOPNOTSUPP.
It furthermore specifies that all the error codes it specifies must be
unique values, with the specific exception that EAGAIN might == EWOULDBLOCK.
For that reason, I concluded ENOTSUP must be distinct from EOPNOTSUPP.