Re: Glibc 2.0.104 FAQ proposed improvement

Hello,
[...]
> > Horst> That will only work if it is in /usr/src/linux.
>
> > Are you sure?  I just tested it and it works for me.  Looking at  the
> > linux make file I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.
>
> Yes. /usr/include/linux --> /usr/src/linux/include/linux, if 2.1 is not in
> /usr/src/linux, you loose.

I think there is a misunderstanding. I think what you mean is,
make include/linux/version.h will only work, if /usr/include/linux
points to the linux 2.1 source tree, and not to the linux 2.0 source
tree.
I have my kernel sources under /src/Linux, and /usr/include/linux points
to the current linux kernel headers, so it works for me without
problems.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk  kukuk@vt.uni-paderborn.de