Re: Glibc on ppc built on i386

   Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:41:05 +0100
   From: Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>

   >1. have anyone done a cross compiled version of glibc and got it
   >to work

   Cross compiling in general is OK.  I don't know about PPC
   specifically but I cross compile for ARM systems all the time.

Cross compiling from Linux to GNU/Hurd defenitely works.

   >4. I needed to set CC and BUILD_CC even if the documentation don't
   >mention it anymore.

   The documentation doesn't really cover cross compiling properly.
   Feel free to send a patch to improve this.

If your cross-compilation tools are installed properly, confguring
with --host= and --build= set to your target (ppc-unknown-linux-gnu)
and build (i586-pc-linux-gnu) canonical system name should pick up the
right tools.

Mark