Re: go for 2.1

On 25 Nov 1998 11:45:18 -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The last (non-technical) problem preventing a glibc 2.1 release is now
>gone and we can plan the release freely now.
>
>I'll try to make a new test release today and given the many geeks who
>are bored in the upcoming four days without work we might get some
>results soon so that we can shoot for a release next week or the other
>week.

I'm still not entirely happy with the __register_frame_info issue, but we
can live with it.

Egcs snapshots miscompile parts of the locale code - we probably don't care.

It is not clear to me whether it's safe to stick with binutils 2.9.1 on any
platform.  HJ, were all those bugs you fixed purely C++ or were there
problems affecting more people?

zw