Re: StarOffice 5.0 problems

Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk> writes:

> a) Something (maybe just the setup program) has a hard coded dependency on
> `libpthread-0.7.so'.

Hhm?  What can they possibly make wrong here?

> b) __setfpucw is needed and we don't export that any more

Yes, I've already got a report about this.  These $%$(^ idiots.

> c) The setup program is doing something which causes fclose() to
> segfault.  I'm not sure what this could be.

Myabe HJ's libio fix helps.  Update your CVS archive, I've already
checked the changes in.  I'm jsut compiling and testing everything
here before telling this on libc-hacker (ehoch now is not necessary
anymore).

> Even if the third one turns out to be a libc bug (which I doubt) the
> first two problems will prevent the current binaries from working
> with glibc 2.1.  So someone should probably ask the people from Star
> Division to look at fixing it.

Definitely.  Maybe somebody from Europe who they can call if
necessary.  If somebody volunteers I'll write a mail to them and
mention the volunteer as a point of contact.