Re: bincompat problem with 2.0.102 (StarOffice 5)

hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu) writes:

> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0x4015b45d in _IO_old_file_close_it (fp=0x8067f08) at oldfileops.c:140
> > 140       close_status = _IO_SYSCLOSE (fp);
> >
> > I've attached the strace output (if the list doesn't eat it..).
> >

> You may have to make sure all the libraries used by SO 5.0 are compiled
> with the same glibc. Otherwise, you may wind up calling the wrong libio
> functions. Ulrich, does that make any senee?

I don't expect any libio related compatibility problems anymore.  If
the package is compiled against the normal glibc 2.0 the old functions
should be called.

If I remember correctly the program is written at leas partly in C++.
So I could imagine that there is a version conflict in the C++
library.