Re: linuxconf problem solved (sort of)

Ulrich,
   I am not sure how I can write a test case on my machine if dlopen
is broken on it (since I have never coded for dls before and would
be totally uncertain if I had written good code). If you have a machine
which you believe has a flawless dlopen I can suggest a good testcase
(which probably should be added to the glibc test suite if one like it
isn't present). I would have a test consisting of a main program and
a dynamic shared lib. The main program would pass an angle to the shared
lib. The shared lib would do a cosine on the angle and pass the results
back. Only the shared lib would be linked against libm.so. The main program
would not.
   If I understand the problem we are seeing correctly this test case
should fail for us unless we force the main program to be linked against
-lm.
           Jack

Jack W. Howarth, Ph.D.                                     231 Bethesda Avenue
NMR Facility Director                              Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0524
Dept. of Molecular Genetics                              phone: (513) 558-4420
Univ. of Cincinnati College of Medicine                    fax: (513) 558-8474