Re: (glibc-2.0.7) c++ constructors and pthreads

   Date: 18 Oct 1998 21:07:42 -0000
   From: Wolfram Gloger <wmglo@dent.med.uni-muenchen.de>

   > I have a crash case here for a program which has global c++
   > constructors and links against linuxthreads, one of the c++
   > constructors ends up calling malloc(), and this crashes because
   > the pthread constructor has not run yet

   That's strange, on the very first call, malloc() calls
   ptmalloc_init() via the initial special hooks, which in turn calls
   __pthread_initialize() if that symbol has been linked in.  Can you
   check why this is not working ?

Thank you for pointing this out.

It seems that even though libpthread has been brought in, at the time
ptmalloc_init() is called, __pthread_initialize is not resolved in
libc's GOT, it is still zero.  So at this point it could be a Sparc
specific bug.  I'll investigate further.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com