Re: Question on stdio standard behaviour (Bugreport libc/755)

> we've received the appended bugreport.  The essence is that "perl
> expects that fclose followed by fopen will return the same pointer".
> This works on most platforms but not with libc5 and glibc2.

Oy.

> So, my question is:  Is this assumption made by perl just an
> assumption - or is it based on some standard which glibc2 violates?

Perl is a big huge stinking wad of dung.  Additionally, this is a grossly
invalid assumption for any program to make; freopen exists for that reason.
The offending code should be tracked down and the exact details verified to
make sure this is really what is going on, before flaming violently at the
Perl bozos.  But there is no way in hell they can defend that.