Re: glob.h lack of #includes

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> glob.h does not do the necessary #include magic to make sure that size_t is
> defined before it uses it.  This needs to be fixed (so `#include <glob.h>' at
> the beginning of a source file works), but I don't know that interacts with
> the other GNU packages that use the file.

This is a problem with the standard.  POSIX.2 is written that it does
not allow glob.h (and regex.h) to define size_t.  It is always
required to include sys/types.h (or another header defining size_t)
before including any of the POSIX.2 headers.

We could change this of course but it only will make writing portable
problems harder.