new version of new testsuite

Another version of my new testsuite is up for anon ftp at
rabi.phys.columbia.edu:/pub/zack/testsuite-0.2.tar.gz.  The major
change from the previous version is that the test driver is now a
shell script instead of DejaGNU, so you don't need any extra
programs.  (ksh or bash is needed, but we already require that.)

Untar the bundle at top level of the glibc tree.  It will create a
testsuite/ directory and add four wrapper headers to include/.  Run it
by doing either:

/.../libc-build $ make -r -C ../libc/testsuite check

or:

/.../libc/testsuite $ make -r check objdir=../../libc-build

adapting paths as appropriate.  It will run for about 15 minutes and
produce output similar to:

Test run by zack on Wed Jul 29 15:59:09 1998
Test of libc 2.0.95 for i586-pc-linux-gnu
    compiled by gcc version egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release)

Running coverage tests...

Running regression tests...

# of expected failures          26
# of unsupported testcases      11

Test completed at Wed Jul 29 16:12:53 1998
Time elapsed: 13m 44s

Two logfiles - 'libc.log', 'libc.sum' will be created in your build
directory, with more and less detail respectively.  If you get any
'unexpected failures' or 'un(resolved|tested) testcases' please let me
know about it.

The tests in libc.special and libc.unsorted are not presently run;
they need cleverer support code.  I'll try to add them sometime soon,
or someone else can do it and send me patches (hint, hint).

I'll write up some docs for the framework hopefully later tonight.

zw