Re: dejagnu testsuite

>I didn't look at it so far but have a `philosophical' problem:
>I would prefer if every user is able to run the testsuite without
>getting other tools.  glibc is in some ways one of the most important
>packages on a system - and therefore `make check' should be run by
>every user.

But glibc is also one of the least likely packages that random users will be
compiling themselves.  I think anybody who's sufficiently clued up to want to
compile their own library can be expected to install some extra software,
assuming it's not too onerous (I haven't looked at it yet, either).

Also, the old `make check' wasn't much good for random users anyway because as
Zack said you tended to have to grovel through the directories looking at .out
files and figuring out whether they were the correct output or not.  What's
needed for end users is something they can run to get a minimal confidence
check that the newly-generated library seems to be working, with the end
result being clearly either "good" or "bad".

p.