Re: Which Kernel version for glibc 2.1 ?

>With which Linux Kernel should glibc 2.1 work ?

2.0 or anything later.

>I have get some new, great hints, which will make it much more faster,
>and much more secure. The problem is, the correspdending syscalls are not
>implemented in linux 2.0.

We should certainly not break things that used to work on 2.0.  If you're
adding a new feature that absolutely depends on support that's only in 2.1
(like IPv6) then obviously there's no point trying to make it work with 2.0
kernels, though the libc should still _compile_ on such systems even if some
functionality isn't available.  If it would be possible to do a 2.0
implementation then it's really a matter for your conscience.

p.