Re: dumb question

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:50:52 +0200 (MET DST), Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

>> >It's a common type in BSD kernels.  Where did you come across it?
>
>No, BSD kernels have cmsgcred or so for it, which has much more
>information then the Linux ucred struct (At least FreeBSD).

Another gratuitous incompatibility?  It's not an interface that will
ever get adopted if it's different all over the map...

>> In some userspace code that seems to expect it's defined in
>> sys/types.h.  Or maybe sys/socket.h.  There's a reference in
>> sysdeps/.../linux/bits/socket.h (__SCM_CREDENTIALS), but the actual
>> type is not defined anywhere.
>
>struct ucred should be definded in sys/socket.h.
>
>Zack, for what do you need struct ucred ? Are you playing with
>__SCM_CREDENTIALS in the moment ? I have some big problems with it,
>which I couldn't solve. If I could see code which works, maybe
>I could find my mistake.

The code I'm looking at is Alexey Kuznetsov's TLI-over-sockets
library, which I was trying to package as a glibc addon.  It was
written to libc5 and assumes struct ucred is in sys/socket.h.  I have
no idea if the code actually works.

zw