Re: Question: more languages to support alternative month names?

14.03.2018 13:20 Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]
> NEWS updates for 2.27.1 should happen in the 2.27.1 section. There is
> only the bug list so far, so you should add a new section for these
> changes. Post a patch for review to libc-stable if unsure.

Thank you for the explanation about NEWS and mentioning libc-stable.
It's never hurting so it's better to post.  Here it is:

https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-stable/2018-03/msg00012.html

14.03.2018 13:28 "Dmitry V. Levin" <ldv@altlinux.org> wrote:
> [...]
> You main backporting tool is "git cherry-pick -x",
> the process of cherry-picking is straightforward assuming that
> you have a working merge-changelog referenced by .gitattributes file.
>
> When a cherry-picked commit fixes a bug, the commit has to be amended
> to explicitly list this fixed bug in "Version 2.27.1" part of NEWS.
> You can look at the output of
> git log -p glibc-2.27..glibc-2.27-27-gb63daad -- NEWS
> command to get an idea how this works.

Thank you, this is exactly the information which I missed.

> If you are going to list languages supporting the genitive case of month
> names, a new section should be within "Version 2.27.1" part of NEWS, too.

Added, patches sent for a quick review to libc-stable (see the link above).

I will especially appreciate the proofreading of NEWS updates.

Best regards,

Rafal