Re: state of the install-bootstrap-headers patch

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Having just gone through the Fedora RISC-V boostrap, this is fresh in my
> mind (but don't think I'm a glibc Makefile expert).  Here's what I ended
> up doing...
>
> Ok, I was about to detail it, but I realized that the fedora workaround
> you posted the link to... was something I wrote originally, and did for
> RISC-V.  So, see that instead ;-)

All those complications are completely unneccessary and have been so for
several years.  That includes most of the configure options you pass to
glibc's configure script (--enable-kernel=2.6.32 --disable-profile
--without-cvs --with-elf --without-gd --disable-sanity-checks --with-tls
--with-__thread should do nothing whatever useful in recent years for any
supported glibc configuration) and all the *_cv_* config.cache variables
you set (likewise obsoleted a long time ago - for example,
libc_cv_forced_unwind and libc_cv_c_cleanup settings were obsoleted by my
patch <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-03/msg00171.html>).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com