Re: [hurd,commited] hurd: do not check Mach and Hurd headers

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Joseph Myers, on dim. 04 mars 2018 01:41:43 +0000, wrote:
> > My reading of <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-03/msg00074.html>
> > is that it still has:
> >
> > +        # Hurd headers are not standard anyway
> > +        (hurd.h | hurd/*.h | faultexc_server.h)
> > +            continue;;
>
> The reading of the patch really is all the - on mach headers.  Small
> step to get something done instead of having to do _*ALL*_ the work at
> one time and never manage to find motivation to finish it all.

I don't actually see the problem with having some of these tests failing -
no Hurd special cases in this script - unless and until we decide that a
particular Hurd special case in this script is appropriate.  That was how
we handled many architecture-specific fixes for header problems shown by
these tests for GNU/Linux (some of these tests failed on some
architectures for some time); I think it's how we should handle them for
Hurd.  When individual headers are fixed, the number of failures may go
down.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com