Re: [hurd,commited] hurd: do not check Mach and Hurd headers

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > But in any case where, after analysis, such a #error is found to
> > make sense (and a comment goes on the #error explaining why it
> > makes sense), that specific header might have testing disabled in
> > check-installed-headers.sh *only* when _GNU_SOURCE is not passed - not
> > for other feature test macros, not using wildcards like hurd/*.h.
>
> I have sent a patch adding support for this, and whitelisting mach
> headers, could you have a look?

It's not yet clear any such special cases in the script are needed.  But
if they are, they would only be for specific headers that use #error
without __USE_GNU, not any wildcard such as hurd/*.h, and we should review
whether the #error usage is necessary or whether there's a better approach
in each particular case.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com