Re: glibc 2.25 seems to have broken AddressSaniitzer Inbox x glibc x sanitizer x

On 27/02/18 08:21, Florian Weimer wrote:
On 02/22/2018 01:56 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
Split stack support already requires a stack limit in the TCB.  This could be reused even if split stacks are not used.  We'd need to add another field for the other stack end, though.
Couldn't we embedded it on pthread_t instead? I rather avoid changing TCB, since it
requires changing the ABI for some architectures (aarch64 is an example where
split-stack field is being added in a different manner).

It will be part of the ABI no matter where we put it.  I don't have a strong preference in this regard.

i think the point is that you can add

- a new function to query it
- or put it at a fixed offset from the tp.

the later is a much uglier abi than a new symbol
(it requires different hack on all targets and
there is no documentation or any way to figure
out the offsets other than reading glibc code,
and much less likely that other libcs would add it)