Re: RFC [0/2] test-in-container

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:
> You could just not have containerized tests at first that need /bin/sh at
> all, and so postpone any need to deal with /bin/sh.

At the moment, I don't plan on migrating existing tests unless they
require a container, so a glibc-written "fake /bin/sh" would be doable
as it would only need to support what the tests actually call for, as
those tests get added and containerized.

But as I said in my other mail, at first I tried to support *all*
existing tests, to make sure the system could handle everything our
current testsuite needs.  That's how I discovered we needed /bin/sh for
testing popen et al.