Re: RFC [0/2] test-in-container

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, DJ Delorie wrote:

> The tests are listed separately (tests-container vs tests) so we would
> have to skip containerized tests when they can't run that way.

You could just not have containerized tests at first that need /bin/sh at
all, and so postpone any need to deal with /bin/sh.

In the absence of a trivial sh-substitute being sufficient, one might
suppose: if sh (on the target system) uses glibc, there's also
--library-path support so a trivial sh wrapper that runs it with the
original dynamic linker using --library-path should be possible, avoiding
conflicts with the different glibc libraries.  While if it doesn't use
glibc, e.g. busybox sh linked with uClibc, there ought to be no conflicts
in library paths and copying directly should be OK.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com