Re: Multithread fork and atfork handlers

On 01/31/2018 03:17 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
The question is whether we still care for fork in mulithread performance
and if the possible stack overflow in its call call pays off.

Don't we already acquire locks around the fork system call? Not just for malloc, but for libio's benefit as well?

Then the additional lock for the handler list should not matter.

Thanks,
Florian