Re: Possible additional Bugzilla components

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> On 01/24/2018 08:57 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > Looking at the large number of miscellaneous open bugs in the "libc"
> > component, I'd like to suggest a few more possible Bugzilla components for
> > distinct groups of those bugs:
> >
> > argparse - Command-line argument parsing (argp and getopt)
>
> Agreed.
>
> > crypt - libcrypt and related cryptographic functionality
>
> Agreed.

I've now created those components, and moved 10 bugs to argparse and 7 to
crypt.

I do not know whether any of the bugs in argparse have fixes already
available in the gnulib code (if they do, we'd probably still want to add
glibc testcases when merging such fixes from gnulib).

FWIW, the numbers of open bugs by component are currently:

libc 204
dynamic-link 117
network 103
nptl 82
localedata 80
locale 66
manual 54
stdio 53
build 45
malloc 41
math 36
regex 29
time 29
string 19
nscd 17
nss 14
librt 12
argparse 10
glob 8
admin 7
crypt 7
nis 6
hurd 5
soft-fp 2
buildbot 1

and while there may be more groups that could meaningfully be split out of
"libc", I don't see any likely scope for such splits of the other
components with many open bugs.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com