Re: Upstreaming the glibc Hurd port

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
>
> The source file sysdeps/mach/hurd/bits/errno.h is generated from sources
> including some headers from those components.  I don't know how often
> those may change in ways that affect that header, or what versions the
> current header corresponds to, but in any case it's a known issue that
> there are several generated files in the source tree that
> build-many-glibcs.py doesn't yet touch on checkout.

Note that there is no particularly good reason to have this file
checked in.  It's generated with an awk script, and the files it's
generated from are Mach and MIG headers that I believe must be present
in order to build glibc for Hurd at all.  If the Hurd build were
testable, I would probably have removed it from the source tree when I
cleaned up the errno.h __need macros, but in the current state I
didn't think it was safe.

That's the only Hurd-specific generated-but-checked-in file that I
know anything about.

zw