Re: TODO: Alternative month names

19.01.2018 09:51 Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]
> My apologies, I've been a bit busy. I will be doing a final review of
> these patches tomorrow morning EST.

Thank you, Carlos.  BTW, I have read Florian's post [1] again and
as far as I understand he currently withdraws all his objections
regarding the compatibility of the static binaries.  So the
questionable points, as far as I know, are:

* Should we add ABALTMON_* instead of _NL_ABALTMON_* already?
  My suggestion is no.
* Should I change anything else in the code?  I think that no.
* Should I change anything else in the documentation?  My suggestion
  is no, see the next point.
* Should someone else change anything in the documentation? My
  suggestion is yes (mention the incompatibility of old static
  binaries with the new locale data in NEWS, review again) but
  the easiest way is if I push the changes ASAP and someone else
  fixes the documentation on top of this.  Rical Jasan has already
  volunteered to provide more documentation fixes.

Of course I am open to any other opinion.

Regards,

Rafal

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2018-01/msg00594.html