Re: glibc 2.27: two weeks left of active development

18.12.2017 05:03 Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com> wrote:

>  On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 6:14 PM Dmitry V. Levin <ldv@altlinux.org
> mailto:ldv@altlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > This is a gentle reminder that there are just two weeks left of active
> > development before the freeze window is January 2018 with a release
> > on February 1st.
> >

>  I'm not going to be able to shepherd it any more myself, but I would really
> like to see Rafal's patches for alternative month names in strftime make it
> in this cycle.
>
>  zw

Thank you Zack for your previous reviews, thank you for this reminder, and
thank you for saying that you can't review any more so I know I must ask
others.

18.12.2017 18:51 Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> > Rafal needs to:
> >
> > * Update his patches, and ping.
>
> He has done this (most recently on Dec 12).

True. [1]  Thank you again for replying.

Carlos, what kind of update do you mean?  Indeed, I am concerned about
some documentation issues, mainly the changelog and commit messages.
I will write more in the proper thread.  But I'm not aware of anything
else which needs to be updated.

> > * Put links to the patches in the "desirable for release" section of
> > the release wiki page.
>
> I added a link to the most recently posted patchset.
>
> zw

Finally, thank you for adding a link.

Actually, the most up-to-date version is in my github fork [2] because it
is the easiest way to keep the patches updated but it is not the official
way to submit them to glibc.

Regards,

Rafal

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-12/msg00391.html