Re: RFC: remove the "tile" architecture from glibc

On 12/2/2017 10:16 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 12/02/2017 02:14 AM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
OK, I'm testing the fix for that issue, and I will push it up if it passes.
Thanks. This is highly appreciated!

Just posted it (and a trival ULPs update).   There are some other new failures
relative to 2.25, but they go away if I run with TIMEOUTFACTOR=10,
so I'm going to pretend they don't exist:

FAIL: malloc/tst-malloc-tcache-leak
FAIL: malloc/tst-malloc_info
FAIL: posix/tst-glob-tilde
FAIL: posix/tst-glob-tilde-mem
FAIL: resolv/mtrace-tst-resolv-res_ninit
FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_ninit

The one other new failure is due to the compat-only, never-upstreamed
"set_dataplane" syscall, and I'm not sure if there's an obvious fix for that:

FAIL: misc/tst-syscall-list

I will commit the string change in a day or two if no one has any issues
with it; I already pushed the update to ULPs.

I'd be very happy if someone from Debian (for example) wants to sign
up as maintainer.  Otherwise I will follow the sense of the community
in terms of whether deletion or just marking it as unmaintained feels
like the better way to go.
I will ask around the Debian community what the current state of the
Tilegx bootstrap is. Again, thanks for your help!

Sounds good.  If someone from the Debian community wants to step up as
maintainer, that would be great.  Otherwise, based on what I've heard so far,
it sounds like we will plan to delete tilepro support, but somehow mark
tilegx as unmaintained and leave it in the tree.  I think Adhermerval is
willing to handle moving things around in the tree, etc., to make tilegx the
only tile architecture - thanks for volunteering!

--
Chris Metcalf, Mellanox Technologies
http://www.mellanox.com