Re: Fix regcomp.c build for 32-bit with GCC mainline

On Mon, 20 Nov 2017, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> Why not use the already upstream fix from gnulib
> (252b52457da7887667c036d18cc5169777615bb0) ?

That change would not apply cleanly to current sources, and if we have
over five years of regex changes out of sync with gnulib, it doesn't seem
a good idea to try to tie any possible resync with gnulib (in both
directions) to fixing build failures to make it possible to detect build
regressions when they occur (rather than piling one failure on top of
another that isn't yet fixed, so making it hard to determine the
problematic patch, which is the current state).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com