Re: Fencepost accounts restricted to glibc stewards (GNU Maintainers).

On 10/10/2017 04:00 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Siddhesh, Joseph,
>
> The subject says it all.
>
> The FSF says they are restricting fencepost accounts to official
> GNU Maintainers.
>
> This must be what Richard was talking about in gcc.
>
> I suggest we make Siddhesh a GNU Maintainer :-)

... on a serious note though, how to get "new blood" into the official
GNU maintainers?

Do we have a process by which maintainers stay on forever until they
themselves remove their name from the list?

Does the list then in theory keep growing?

Does someone with no commits for 5 years move into the "GNU Maintainer
Emeritus" list?

What about access to the private libc-maintainers mailing list? It would
be nice to have all the Emeritus maintainers on there to get historical
perspective for the newer stewards handling delicate matters.

I for one would like to see new maintainers with proper GNU maintainer
responsibilities be able to step up to help the glibc community.

Carlos.