Patch review by coworkers

Hi,

Red Hat now has several people who regularly work on upstream glibc. This raises questions regarding patch review.

Does the community expect that we Red Hatters deal with patches from posting to commit, having colleagues doing the review etc.? The argument in favor of that is that if something interests Red Hat, Red Hat should throw resources at it, and not rely on the community to do the work.

-or-

Does the community expect that we avoid patch review by coworkers? The argument for that is that it avoids any incentive to game the review system, and it puts community interests first.

Note that I'm talking about the ordinary day-to-day work here, not patches we know or have reason to suspect to be controversial. And if we err, we can still revert patches, of course.

Thanks,
Florian