Re: Where should ChangeLog entries for localedata go to now?

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017, Rafal Luzynski wrote:

> If I understood correctly [1] [2] the changes to localedata
> should go to the main ChangeLog.  But also IIRC the reason why
> localedata had its own ChangeLog is that the changes to
> localedata are not copyrighted.  Therefore, is that what
> we wanted?

The separate ChangeLog was probably because in glibc 2.0 localedata was an
add-on distributed in a separate release tarball.  As we haven't had
separate release tarballs for different parts of the project for a long
time, there is no need for separate ChangeLogs for them either.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com