Re: 2.26 hard freeze status

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> wrote:
> >
> > Release freeze is then on Tuesday night UTC and I'll do the release on
> > Wednesday my time.  That should give us a couple of days to cool off and
> > hope that nothing is broken badly in the meantime.
>
> I'd like to ask for the ChangeLog to be rotated immediately after the
> release.  We've made no progress on automatic generation of the darn
> thing, and the current file is 10x larger than any of the previous
> ones.

I've just sent a message to bug-standards@gnu.org proposing no longer
requiring ChangeLogs or commit logs in ChangeLog format when the
conditions I proposed at
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-01/msg00041.html> are met.  I'd
suggest people interested in issues relating to GNU Coding Standards
requirements for ChangeLogs (as opposed to techniques for automatic
generation in the existing format) should follow up there.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com