Re: 2.26 in 10 days

On 07/20/2017 07:49 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have 10 days to go before I cut the 2.26 release.  For a quick recap
> of the blockers:
>
> * Automatically reload a changed /etc/resolv.conf (Bug 984)
>
> Are we still pursuing this?  I am not very comfortable having this
> included days before release.

It was fixed 17 days ago, and included tests, the wiki was not updated.

It is no longer a blocker.

> * __stack_chk_fail should not attempt a backtrack (Bug 12189)
>
> We have fixed this and I can see there's 21752 that's a follow-up.  Do
> you want to target that for the release as well?
>
> * Fix rwlock explicit hand-over (Bug 21298)
>
> Carlos indicated that he will try to finish it this week, so we're good
> here.

Yes, I'm almost done reviewing the writer/reader phase transitions, so I
should commit this probably tomorrow.

> * Fix powerpc64le regression when using Binutils master and GCC trunk
>
> It looks like the glibc bit has been fixed, so we don't have any
> additional action items here.  Can someone more involved in this one
> comment?  Tulio?

This is already fixed, and we have Fedora Mass rebuilds with this fix
going forward. Andreas removed the "fixed" markers because he wanted
clarification on the bootstrap status of the fix. My answers in the bug
seem to have clarified everything for the distro maintainers involved.

> Provided everything here is resolved in time, it would be nice to have a
> complete freeze on commits to master by the end of next week (bigger
> changes go in as early as they can) so that I can cut the release the
> following Tuesday.

Agreed.

Carlos.