Re: libc-2.25.90.pot

Op 19-07-2017 om 09:15 schreef Siddhesh Poyarekar:
On Wednesday 19 July 2017 12:32 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

And 'PRIdLINENO' is defined as

50 typedef intmax_t lineno;
51 #define PRIdLINENO PRIdMAX

Which means we will get different string encodings depending of how
__PRI64_PREFIX is defined by the ABI.

Both changes came from '92bd70fb' (Update timezone code from tzcode 2017b.) and
from original tz project it seems to get from cc8aec6ecb1ecc (zic: some
integer-width fixups).  TZ commit log seems to indicate this is just a integer
cleanup without original from an actual bug or limitation.

Paul I think we can use default %d for ints for these two specific printf to
make translation work as intended. What do you think?

There are three of those instances and they refer to line numbers in the
timezone data file.  If we can assume that the tzdata files are sane
then I suppose we could assume %d for these.

Or at least change them to something that xgettext recognizes.  There are
several instances of %<PRIuMAX> and %<PRIu64> in the POT file, so xgettext
is able to recognize some of those "PRI..." strings, but seemingly not
custom-defined ones?

Benno