Re: 2.26 release blockers?

On 17/07/2017 08:48, John David Anglin wrote:
> On 2017-07-05, at 5:15 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>
>> I'd like to nominate the HPPA pthread fixes (BZ #21016;
>> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-06/msg00174.html and
>> possibly more) on the basis that we shouldn't leave HPPA broken for
>> multiple releases in a row.
>
> The HPPA pthread fixes and more are now installed on trunk.  HPPA is no longer broken.
>
> The following test results were obtained with a clean trunk build yesterday:
>
> FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace2
> FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace3
> FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace4
> FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace5
> FAIL: debug/tst-backtrace6
> FAIL: elf/check-execstack
> FAIL: elf/check-textrel
> FAIL: elf/neededtest
> FAIL: elf/order2-cmp
> FAIL: elf/reldep3
> FAIL: elf/tst-audit2
> FAIL: malloc/tst-malloc-thread-fail
> FAIL: malloc/tst-trim1

> FAIL: misc/tst-clone2
> FAIL: misc/tst-preadvwritev2
> FAIL: misc/tst-preadvwritev64v2

I will take a look on these.

> UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-cond-printers
> UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-condattr-printers
> UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-mutex-printers
> UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-mutexattr-printers
> UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-rwlock-printers
> UNSUPPORTED: nptl/test-rwlockattr-printers
> FAIL: nptl/tst-align-clone
> FAIL: nptl/tst-cleanupx4
> FAIL: nptl/tst-cond25
> FAIL: nptl/tst-create-detached
> FAIL: nptl/tst-getpid1

This might be an issue with my recent clone changes, I will take a look.

> FAIL: nptl/tst-robust-fork
> FAIL: nptl/tst-rwlock19
> FAIL: nptl/tst-stack4
> FAIL: resolv/mtrace-tst-resolv-res_ninit
> FAIL: resolv/tst-resolv-res_ninit
> FAIL: stdlib/tst-setcontext2
> FAIL: timezone/tst-tzset
> Summary of test results:
>      28 FAIL
>    3304 PASS
>       6 UNSUPPORTED
>      31 XFAIL
>
> A few fails may be timeouts.

Did you set TIMEOUTFACTOR when running make check? Usually for older machine I
set it to a either 10 or 100 (although 100 might take a long time for
pathological cases where the test might be stuck or in a infinite loop for
some reason).