Re: Proposing GNU Tools Cauldron 2017 glibc BoF.

On 04/07/2017 12:21, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 07/04/2017 11:08 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
>> On Tuesday 04 July 2017 08:15 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> I'm going to propose a glibc BoF for GNU Tools Cauldron 2017.
>>>
>>> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cauldron2017
>>>
>>> As usual I'll run the BoF along with anyone else who wants to help.
>>>
>>> The focus will be on discussing community issues face-to-face (for
>>> those who find this beneficial) and trying to identify priorities or
>>> strategies to handle work that we need to do.
>>>
>>> Identifying work that needs doing and in what priority is often
>>> difficult in email, and sometimes a face-to-face discussion moves
>>> things forward quickly.
>>>
>>> If anyone already proposed a BoF, please tell me :-)
>>
>> I only warned the admins that you'll be doing that :)
>>
>> Other than that I have added a talk on tunables to discuss what we want
>> to do with it next.  If there are topics that may need deeper
>> discussion, we should propose them as separate BoF/talks.  Buildbots for
>> example, or benchmarking.
>>
>> Or at the minimum, have two glibc BoF sessions; we always run over, so
>> I'm pretty sure we will fill both slots :)
>
> I'm going to suggest two slots but on distinct days. And I'll split up
> the topics between the slots, that way you can have a chance at going to
> one or the other.
>
> What about splitting the BoF's into:
>
> (1) Runtime Issues:
> - dlopen vs TLS
> - ...

I hope I can finally get this cancellation fixes on 2.27, the arch
dependent bits will much simpler once the sysdep-cancel is pushed
upstream.

I would also to discuss some bug triage to check what would be a
good effort and ofucs from the large set we have already on
sourceware.org (I will try to prepare something in advance for
the cauldron).