Re: RISC-V glibc Port v1

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/14/2017 10:15 PM, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
>> Do you have an idea of when there will be a 64-bit time_t clean release?  I'd
>> be OK holding off on the 32-bit port for a bit, as we don't expect RV32I-based
>> Linux-compatible systems to be popular.
>
> Sorry, no idea.  I'm Cc:ing Arnd, who believe worked on the kernel side
> of things.

Progress has been slow for a while, but there are still a number of interested
parties, so it is continuing. I don't think it's important to wait
here, as 64-bit
time_t will be available for all architectures in glibc once the kernel support
is done, the question is more about rebuilding all 32-bit binaries in a distro
after the change.

       Arnd