Re: PSA: glibc buildbot slave up for aarch64

On 04/28/2017 12:53 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Thursday 27 April 2017 07:36 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Can we XFAIL this for AArch64 to get a clean build?
>>
>> One think I'd like to see is more clean builds regardless of failures.
>>
>> The buildbots _must_ be all green for them to mean anything.
>
> I can't convince myself of this - marking testsuite failures as XFAIL
> seems like putting things under the rug.  We as a community are not that
> great in pulling things back out from under the rug and cleaning them up
> for real because of the kind of resources we have, so what goes under
> the rug essentially stays under the rug.

It is better in the long run to mark these XFAIL, associate them with a bug,
and have a green board. The green board makes it immediately easy to identify
breakage.

The XFAIL is the encoding of expert knowledge. We _will_ get to fixing issues,
but we will do so based on priority order of the things we have in the bugzilla
and things identified by the community.

> I would prefer if for now red buildbot statuses become release blockers
> for 2.26.  Once 2.26 is released, any failure should either be
> immediately fixed or the offending patch reverted.

Why? They might not be important things. Priority is what matters.

Carlos.