Re: A note on the current state of build-many-glibcs

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2017, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>
>> microblaze-linux-gnu
>> microblazeel-linux-gnu
>>     link failure while building librt:
>>     libpthread.so: invalid string offset 3902075345 >= 4918 for
>> section `.dynstr'
>>     (something wrong with binutils?)
>>     (doesn't seem to be a reported bug?)
>
> I don't see this.  With GCC 6 I see the compilers build fine including the
> first glibc
> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-testresults/2017-q1/msg00162.html> (and
> then the subsequent glibc build fail because of missing DWARF EH support
> before GCC 7).

That's bizarre.  I'm using all the script's defaults, so GCC 6 and
whatever the binutils default is.  The host platform is x86_64-linux,
Debian unstable - that _could_ make a difference but it seems like it
shouldn't.  The error message smells like a binutils bug...

> Also in the testsuite, ia64 fails elf/check-execstack and all SH
> configurations have compilation failures in the testsuite with GCC
> mainline only (GCC bugs 78459 and 78460).

I do also see the ia64 execstack failure, but not the SH failures
(since I'm using gcc6).

zw