Status of cancellation fixes status and next steps (BZ#12683)

Hi all,

I did not get any reply from my previous messages about it and previously
I put this work on hold mainly because I did not see much interest in get
this fixed.

Following Tovarld's message about thread cancellation fixes status [1],
I rebased my previous patches [2], fixed build issues on all architectures
and actually checked on some extra architectures.

So basically I have checked on x86_64, i686, x64_32, aarch64, powerpc32,
powerpc64le, alpha, hppa, arm, sparc32, and sparc64.  I have run a subset
of nptl tests on m68k and sh4 real hardware and mips32, mips64 system
qemu emulators.

It currently misses some actual testing on ia64, microblaze, nios2, tile,
and s390.

As I stated in my previous response [3], current patchset is quite extensive
I would like some help on get this reviewed and ready for upstream.  Using
my personal branch [2[] they are divided basically in 2 subset:

  1. 844f7762a..f83b6bb41c (32 patches) removes the cancellation syscall
     autogeneration from syscalls.list files.  ALl cancellable syscalls are
     done using C implementation with SYSCALL_CANCEL macro.  This is to
     simplify the architecture fixes requires in the second part.

  2. 5c98e2e12..b6c7058ace (19 patches) are the actual fixes for all
     supported architectures.

I think 1. would be easier to review and get upstream since it is mostly
consolidation on different architectures implementations and direct
transformation from auto-generated syscalls to C implementation.  I already
pinged the required patch for x86_{64,32} [4] and sent an initial patchset
for review [5].

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-01/msg00187.html
[2] https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/azanella/bz12683
[3] https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2017-01/msg00216.html