Re: 2.25 freeze status

On 01/26/2017 11:06 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The release date of 1 Feb is upon us and there are 3 release blockers
> that haven't been resolved yet:
>
> - global-dynamic TLS broken on aarch64 and others

I'm reviewing Florian's suggested patch for this tomorrow morning in my
timezone.

I ran out of time today doing a semi-final round of testing on aarch64,
armv7hl, ppc (still building), ppc64, ppc64le, s390x, s390 (still testing),
x86_64, and x86 (wiki updated).

I prioritized making sure we had no surprises there over this final patch.

> - Fix for bug 20019 causes linker errors for shared libraries using
>   longjmp

Looking to get consensus with H.J. over this issue. I would hope we reach
a conclusion tomorrow.

> - tunables: insecure environment variables passed to subprocesses with
>   AT_SECURE

By the looks of it Florian is reviewing this, so I've added him as a
reviewer in the wiki ;-)

Carlos.