Re: IFUNC resolvers for non-function symbols

On 24/01/17 12:46, Florian Weimer wrote:
> To which extent do we need to support IFUNC resolvers which are used by non-function relocations?
>
> For example, do we need to support copy relocations where the object address is determined by an IFUNC resolver?
>
> The x86-64 psABI, for example, does not seem to be very explicit what the expected scope of support is.

the ifunc spec i know about

https://sites.google.com/site/x32abi/documents

says

STT_GNU_IFUNC

      This symbol type is the same as STT_FUNC except that it always
      points to a function or piece of executable code which takes no
      arguments and returns a function pointer. [..]

this implies to me that ifunc resolver is not applicable to data.