Re: Tunables-related security regression

On 01/23/2017 11:52 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

We probably should put GLIBC_TUNABLES into category (1) if tunables are
*not* active (currently, it's in category (3) because glibc does not
know anything about tunables if they are disabled).

By not active, do you mean where the source is not configured with
tunables support?  That seems pointless since any glibc that did not
have tunables would come under that category, i.e. anything before 2.25.

I would suggest to backport an addition of GLIBC_TUNABLES to sysdeps/generic/unsecvars.h.

Thanks,
Florian