Re: Update copyright dates not handled by scripts/update-copyrights [committed]

On 01/02/2017 02:45 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jan 2017, Florian Weimer wrote:

On 01/01/2017 01:27 AM, Joseph Myers wrote:
I've updated copyright dates in glibc for 2017.  This is the patch for
the changes not generated by scripts/update-copyrights and subsequent
build / regeneration of generated files.

Could we rotate the ChangeLog file, too, please?

ChangeLog rotation was previously objected to in
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-06/msg00305.html>.

My problem with the current situation is that the compress Git object for the main ChangeLog file is now around 800K. I have currently 37 such compressed objects in my git tree which cannot be packed, and that's quite inconvenient when rsync'ing things around.

Rotating the ChangeLog would be a very low-tech solution to mitigate this issue.

Thanks,
Florian