Re: Testing on hosts with firewalls

On 12/29/2016 07:08 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:

does it help if you run all the tests in a unique net namespace ?
i think our skel test framework should set up unique namespaces
all the time anyways to prevent inadvertent leakage, and to handle
issues like port collisions.

This is an interesting idea.

I don't see how I can set up interfaces in a network namespace as an unprivileged user.

If we can create a loopback interface and get per-namespace tables, this could be a solution. Even if these tables are very small, we could discard them after each subtest.

Thanks,
Florian