Re: 2.25 freeze - a little more than the holiday fortnight to go

On 12/21/2016 10:18 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
I'm dubious about keeping piling on "blockers" without evidence that there
are actually people to review the patches no later than 31 December
(earlier than that if revisions and re-review are needed).

My understanding of the meaning of “release blocker” and “freeze” is quite different. An accepted release blocker can be fixed *in* the freeze period. As a result, I have been focusing on things that are clearly *not* release blockers, and my attention will shift after January 1st.

On the other hand, features and non-regression bug fixes should generally not be release blockers because I do not think we want to potentially deviate from our time-based releases for their sake.

Thanks,
Florian