Re: nptl/test-*-printers tests failing

On Wed, 2016-12-21 at 18:09 -0300, Martin Galvan wrote:
> Here's the new patch, could you try this Steve?
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2016-12/msg00822.html
>
> Thanks.

It works.  It seems odd to have the tests show up as UNSUPPORTED
when python exists but the needed modules don't exist but have the
tests not run at all (and thus not show up at all) when python itself
does not exist.  I understand from an implementation point of view why
it is done that way and I guess I wouldn't reject the patch for that
reason, but it does strike me as odd.  But the configure does warn
about features/tests being disabled so maybe that is OK.

configure: WARNING:
*** These auxiliary programs are missing or incompatible versions: msgfmt python
*** some features or tests will be disabled.
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@caviumnetworks.com