Re: Website update, fix for bug 13933, and list libc-testresults ML.

On 12/09/2016 11:19 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> On Saturday 10 December 2016 07:08 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> * Add an easy to see link to the bug database.
>>   - Added back the 'Bugs' tab as "Report a bug"
>
> Perhaps the "General information about filing bugs" wiki page (or a nice
> filtered down version of it) should be part of the website itself.
> Perhaps the website should be a proper CMS and not just a bunch of
> cobbled together static html pages, but that's for another day.
>
> If you're OK with the former, I can cobble up a page for you.  I vaguely
> remember having access to the websites repo, but I can't remember for sure.

https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Maintainers_for_the_website
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Website%20Maintenance

You are an active member of the glibc group on Savannah so you should be
able to edit the website.

The history of the "General information about filing bugs" looks like this:

- Originally 3 distinct pages of information spread between sourceware.org
  and gnu.org.
- Merged into 1 rough page with the website revamp in 2012.
- Wiki page with various bug procedures are created and then cleaned up.
  We now have two pages: Bug triage protocol, and General bug filing page.
- With the recent website revamp I merged all information abut bug filing
  into the wiki to reduce duplication and give us one place to edit without
  needing CVS permissions.

I'm OK with adding back more information under "Report a bug" in the website,
but we should try to make it terse, provide a link to the wiki, and reduce
the content we have to maintain in two places.

You'll notice "Get Involved" page makes use of 6 wiki pages to detail much
more information than we would ever want to type out on the website.

The website is acting like an index into our wiki, which I feel we do a decent
job of maintaining.

Carlos.