Re: GLIBC bug list on sourceware.org

On Friday 21 October 2016 01:05 AM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> Another following idea is to also prioritize the bugs issues once the triage
> is done.
>
> Any thoughts, ideas, advices?

Carlos and I had talked about this in the past and we had agreed on
using the release freeze time to try and bring the number of pending
bugs down.  We could try and make that idea into a more formal process,
by making the slushy freeze time an official thing and encourage devs to
work on reducing the bug backlog in that time.

The trouble however is that very few contributors do glibc work full
time and freezes are usually the time that they move on to do other
things, unless they have pending patches or features that they care about.

Siddhesh