Re: [09/12] Add fesetexcept: powerpc

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Paul E. Murphy wrote:

> > +  n.l = (u.l
> > +	 | (excepts & FPSCR_STICKY_BITS)
> > +	 | (excepts >> ((31 - FPSCR_VX) - (31 - FPSCR_VXSOFT))
> > +	    & FE_INVALID_SOFTWARE));
>
> This should also preserve a comment about transforming
> FE_INVALID into FE_INVALID_SOFTWARE.  Otherwise, this patch
> looks OK to me.

I don't see such a comment in sysdeps/powerpc/fpu/fsetexcptflg.c to
preserve (all these function implementations follow those of
fesetexceptflag).  I did preserve the comment "Deal with
FE_INVALID_SOFTWARE not being implemented on some chips." (while trying
not to duplicate all the completely routine comments in various
fesetexceptflag implementations that say no more than repeating the plain
semantics of individual lines of C code).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com